Wednesday, January 20, 2010

16 love shall always remain

humbleness.

i am reminded of how often i neglect the poor. i talk of vision, of changes, of revolution perhaps. but i neglect washing dishes. i forget those who are abducted, who are sold, who are abused and violated, who are freezing, who are hungry and hopeless with stomaches that torment their sleep, who are dying of thirst with no saliva to scream- my brothers and my sisters.

i live my life here in America. selfish as can be. drugged in my own comfort. not remembering them in my prayers. not taking action whether it be advocating change or donating or sacrificing by the careful spending of money. this is what i call a tragedy. a failure as a human being maybe. this is why i need the Lord.

then again, it's always about change. about character transformation. not about dwelling on the past.

No comments: