Monday, January 18, 2010

46 divide by ten times a billion equals the estimated age of the earth by many scientists

there are tons i'd love to write about but this would suffice for today.

people in America believe in God; people in Africa depend on God.

i would like to disagree with the first part of the quote but it matters not. the idea is that we should depend on God every day of our lives. people in Africa depend on God for survival- for warmth, food, water, protection from diseases/disasters, security and safety. we, in America, often don't have the "need" to depend on God. perhaps that's why we're so stagnant. we don't have as much of a desire to pursue God. there simply is "no need." ...or is there?

i've been praying a lot more recently. sometimes, i still drift in my thoughts and get carried away because focusing on prayer can be hard. nonetheless, i committed to spending a good portion of my morning devoted solely to prayer. i seek God because i need Him. i need Him to build me up as a leader, to be present in my school and my classmates, to open up opportunities daily and for boldness to share the Good News, to rest assured that He is protecting and caring for those whom i love (whether they went far away or are close-by home), to know that He is comforting those whom i love when they are hurt or abandoned or hopeless. i understand my own words of comfort or explanations are cheap compared to the power of the Holy Spirit. i need Him because i realize more and more areas in my life that are sinful, areas in my life where I am selfish and unloving. i see the hurt of those whom i love and my own. i see the inadequacies of my actions. i see the grandness and beauty of the King. this is why i pray. this i why i depend on God.

No comments: