Friday, March 5, 2010

37 i already spent more on food in one week than i did all of last month

the mind can only grasp so much. i read and read. i store and gain knowledge and soon forget. information comes in and out. when messages are not put to action, they become useless. they become dangerous even. data overload. i keep forgetting.

the heart can only grasp so much. i read and read. i hear of stories of the displaced and of the violated. i hear of those who would rather sleep than live another day. i listen to the songs of those i dearly love and miss them so. when dying souls are not cared for, they simply remain empty.

i haven't posted in a while. thought i'd at least type up something.

1 comment:

charis said...

it's the reading that makes it enough. retaining all the information you absorb is unnecessary. I read this quote today: “Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul.” - Walt Whitman. Not sure I agree, my soul isn't always perfectly aligned with what God would like my soul to be. (classic Paul behavior eh) but I understand it to mean that not everything I read should remain within me but all the reading should still be done.