Wednesday, April 28, 2010

33 apple pie yogurt

Thus the LORD, the God of Israel, said to me: "Take from my hand this cup of the wine of wrath, and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it." Jeremiah 25:15

So I took the cup from the LORD’s hand, and made all the nations to whom the LORD sent me drink it:... Jeremiah 25:17

It's verses like these that you must stop and ponder a bit. First, we see the beauty of how the Lord commands something, and immediately, the receiver (in this case Jeremiah the prophet) obeys. But what was interesting to me was how Jeremiah took the cup from the Lord's hand. What is that supposed to mean? I suppose you wouldn't translate this literally, although I'm not sure if i can tossed out this idea entirely. Whichever the case, I see a strong sense of connection between God and man- Jeremiah hears the Word of God (as with other prophets) directly and is without a doubt sure that he's communicating with God. Also, I wonder how it was possible for Jeremiah to make all the nations whom God sent him to give to drink it. It must of taken him a few years (though it felt only like a couple of days when i read through the Word). What did it look like to go to a king and be like, drink from this? It is quite weird.

No comments: