Friday, September 23, 2011

f. day 32 the eternal inner murmur

So 4 classes and 2 fellowships, mainly describes the how i spend most of my time, perhaps all my time. Classes involve hw and studying and projects. Fellowships involve sg, lg, church, outreach and random hangouts. Certainly getting to know people more now though so that's cool.

Anyways, something I realized this week was my earthly desire to seek the approval of man. I was hit upon the question of whether heaven excites me or not and to be honest, not really. To keep it short, I pondered why this was the case and realized that I still wish to accomplish something great on this earth- something that will give myself glory- inventing something revolutionary, design something cool, do well in school so others look up to me, etc, not necessarily in a large scale but amongst a decent crowd, this desire to impress and prove my worth. Yet, i'm reminded time and time that my identity rests in Christ. sometimes, it's hard to see, and when we see, to accept.

No comments: